1. PINOT GRIGIO, VENETO £3.30/£4.50/£18.00
Fresh with a fine, delicate & slightly spicy bouquet with a hint of tropical fruit on the finish.
2. ORVIETO, UMBRIA £3.30/£4.50/£18.00
A clean, fruity sweet white wine with a hint of aromatic herbs on the finish.
3. SAUVIGNON BLANC, VENETO £3.50/£4.70/£19.00
Straw yellow colour, fragrant, delicate with a typical aromatic scent; full bodied, mellow yet fresh.
4. CHARDONNAY, TUSCANY £4.30/£6.20/£24.00
A clean, fruity scent of golden apples through to a forward flavour with balanced acidity & a fresh finish.
5. INZOLIA, SICILY £21.00
A mouth-watering dry white with good aromatics & a spicy finish.
6. FRASCATI SUPERIORE, LAZIO £21.00
A crisp, medium bodied wine with a delicate & fruity bouquet & fresh, clean finish.
7. VERDICCHIO, TUSCANY £21.00
Dry, delicate floral aromas with tropical fruits in the background, on the palate express fruit flavours & a long finish.
8. GRILLO, SICILY £24.00
Hints of spicy vanilla & rich tropical fruit tones on the finish. Mineral & nutty tones enhance the fruit through to a lingering finish.
9. SAUVIGNON BLANC, COLLIO, FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA £29.00
Vintage 2014: An elegantly styled Sauvignon Blanc with a hint of fresh lemons, peaches & melons on the nose with a lingering finish.
10. POMINO BIANCO, MARCHESI DE’ FRESCOBALDI, TUSCANY £30.00
Vintage 2014: Fragrances of white flowers such as jasmine with scents of apple & pear, completed by delicate mineral notes. This wine is elegant, balanced & fresh, with a long & enchanting finish.
11. GRECO DI TUFO, MASTROBERARDINO DOC, CAMPANIA £32.00
Vintage 2014: Intense straw yellow in colour, this wine has prominent aromas of apricot, pear, peach, almond, apple fruit & enticing mineral notes. This wine has excellent acidity & smoothness with a pleasant hint of bitter almond in the finish.
12. GAVI DI GAVI, VILLA SPARINA, PIEMONTE £35.00
Vintage 2014: Exquisite, elegant, soft & fruity, with apple cream & honey character. Medium bodied, with bright citrusy acidity with lemon skin & straw flavours.
13. CHARDONNAY, PLANETA, SICILY £38.00
Vintage: 2015 Deep gold in colour. Crisp & creamy on the palate, this soft round white is supported by refreshing acidity. Mineral undertones complement flavours of ripe yellow peaches, acacia honey & almond paste, with bold toasted cereal aromas. This wine has long & balanced finish.
14. PINOT GRIGIO BLUSH, VENETO £3.50/£4.70/£19.00
A fresh & fruity wine with a delicate flavour & an off-dry finish.
15. PINOT NERO ROSE £4.30/£6.20/£24.00
A lively wine, brilliant pink in colour & a typical bouquet of strawberry with a pleasant trace of wild roses.
16. RED OR WHITE WINE (75cl) £16.50
17. ROSÉ (75cl) £17.50
18. MERLOT, VENETO £3.50/£4.70/£19.00
A dry, but fruity, well-flavoured wine showing ripe plum fruit with herbal notes. Well structured with a hint of spice.
19. BARBERA, PIEMONTE £3.50/£4.70/£19.00
Cherries & raspberries on the nose. Soft but with structure & finesse. A very approachable style of Barbera with excellent ripe fruit.
20. PRIMITIVO, PUGLIA £3.85/£5.35/£21.00
Deep ruby red with violet reflections; intense aroma, with notes of plum & cherry, spicy, with rosemary & vanilla scents.
21. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO, ABRUZZO £3.85/£5.35/£21.00
A deep red colour with aromas of red berries & wild strawberries & a hint of wood. Soft but well structured with more berry fruit flavours, hints of vanilla & Liquorice.
22. PINOT NOIR, VENETO £23.00
A light to medium bodied wine that pairs well with roasted white meats & pasta dishes.
23. NERO D’AVOLA, SICILY £25.00
Richly flavoured with ripe berry fruit notes & a hint of oak in the background. A balanced wine with a lingering finish.
24. CHIANTI CLASSICO, TUSCANY £25.00
Ruby red with garnet hues. Aromas of cherry with hints of leather & coffee. Dry & velvety with intense cherry flavours & notes of Liquorice.
25. MOMA RUBICONE ROSSO, EMILIA ROMAGNA £28.00
Intense aromas of soft fruits & raspberries combined with fresh herbal notes. Smooth & velvety in the mouth.
26. RIPASSO CAMPOFIORIN, MASI, VENETO £30.00
This wine has a deep bright red colour with a purple edge. The Campofiorin is rich, ample & complex with juicy fruit & soft tannins.
27. BAROLO, PIEMONTE £35.00
2011: A classic vintage with aromas of dried fruit, roses & tar. Expressive aromatics with lots of minerality & a very long finish. A wine that will age well.
28. AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO, VENETO £49.00
2011: A deep red colour, this wine has a full bouquet showing vanilla & sweet fruits with a velvety mouth feel & rich, raisin flavours.
29. TAULETO, SANGIOVESE RUBICONE,
UMBERTO CESARI, EMILIA ROMAGNA £59.00
Vintage 2009: Savory flavour of dark cherries & black stone fruit combine with notes of dried herbs, smoky oak with a hint of coffee & vanilla in the background. A rounded, full-bodied red wine with a spicy, persistent & lingering aftertaste.
30. TAURASI RADICI, MASTROBERARDINO, CAMPANIA £49.00
Vintage 2009: This ruby red wine has a full, complex spectrum of aromas, particularly of blackberries. On the palate it is full bodied & mouth filling, with persistent elegant noted of plum, bitter cherry, strawberry jam & black pepper.
31. TIGNANELLO, MARCHESE ANTINORI, TUSCANY £90.00
Vintage 2011: This wine is an intense ruby red in colour with purple highlights. The wine is rife on the nose with notes of dark fruit & with much underlying freshness. Plum fruit dominates the aroma along with cherries. The aroma evolves with vigor & balance towards sensations of mint & liquorice.
32. BARBARESCO, GAJA, PIEMONTE £200.00
Vintage 2011: The nose is almost sensual in its complexity, with aromas of forest fruits, plums, liquorice, mineral & coffee scents. Long complex finish with fine, silk like tannins & good acidity, dense structure & full.
33. PROSECCO DOC, VENETO £5.50/£27.00
34. HOUSE CHAMPAGNE £38.50
35. CHAMPAGNE, LAURENT PERRIER, CUVÉE ROSÉ £85.00
Made from 100% Pinot Noir, this is a clean & wonderfully fresh, feminine Champagne with suppleness on the palate & a lingering finish.
36. MOËT ET CHANDON, DOM PERIGNON £175.00
Vintage 2004: A full flavoured, fine & precise Champagne with notes of toast, peach, citrus fruit & nuts. A low dosage but a round body allowed by ripe fruits & ageing.
37. CHAMPAGNE LOUIS ROEDERER, CRISTAL £195.00
Vintage 2006: A powerful & deep golden wine, white plum & orange taste, dried apricots aromas with notes of fig, toasted hazel nuts. Smoky hints. Rich but lively & precise, with a long persistence.